Africa Covid Exhibition is a melting pot of Artistic expression depicting various life experiences in light of Covid19 in Africa. Various artists and photographers from across the continent submit their work which is displayed on social media along with the inspiration behind the art.
The purpose of this display is a pre-selection process for a virtual reality exhibition scheduled in the month of June 2020 and a physical Augmented Reality exhibition to be held when life returns to normalcy in various locations across Africa and the world at large. These exhibitions are created by Picha Images, as part of efforts to tell stories of humanity through art and photography during Covid19.
The exhibition is open to anyone; however, an entry may be rejected when the sponsoring organization, or its agent, in its reasonable discretion, believes the entry does not conform to exhibition rules and conditions. Entries must be made by the entrant. By virtue of submitting an entry, the entrant certifies the work as his own (aliases are not permitted).
The entrant permits the sponsors to reproduce all or part of the entered material free of charge for publication and/or display in media related to the exhibition. This may include low resolution posting on a website. The exhibition assumes no liability for any misuse of copyright. An entry may be rejected when the sponsoring organization or its agent, in its reasonable discretion, believes the entry does not conform to exhibition rules and conditions.
General Conditions of Entry
- Each author can participate with not more than 4 (four) photos as singles or a series.
- All parts of the art have to be made by the author who is holding the copyright of all works submitted.
- Images must be in digital format and must be submitted online after registration at the link here: https://shorturl.at/lvIK8
- Notification of submission will be sent via email. Each participant will receive an individual notification of his/her submission.
- The right to reproduce entries in the catalogue will be assumed and copyright rules will be strictly followed.
- Gallery and pdf catalogue of all awarded and accepted images would be available on our website.
- An entry may be rejected by the organizers if it does not conform to Africa Covid Exhibition (ACE) rules and conditions.
- The decision of the jury will be final and without appeal.
- If at any time, it is determined in the reasonable discretion of the exhibition organizer or the judges before, during, or after the judging of an exhibition that an entrant has submitted entries where one or more images may fail to comply with these Conditions of Entry, including the stated definitions, the exhibition organizers reserve the right to delete the entry from the exhibition and void any or all acceptances or awards in connection with the exhibition. The entrant acknowledges that the decision of the exhibition organizers or the judges is final.
- In order to ensure that images comply with the Conditions of Entry and definitions, the exhibition organizers may carry out reasonable measures to verify that:
- a) the images are the original work of the entrant and
- b) the images comply with the rules and definitions as set out in these Conditions of Entry.
- These steps include, but are not limited to, questioning any entrant, requiring the submission of RAW files or other digital files representing the original capture of the submitted image(s), confronting the entrant with evidence that one or more submitted images fails to comply with the Conditions of Entry (also known as Entry Rules), and offering the entrant a reasonable opportunity to provide counter evidence to refute the exhibition organizer’s evidence by a set deadline. Such entries that are not cleared or are still questionable after the entrant has presented evidence may be considered in breach of these Conditions of Entry, and declined.
- ACE retains the right to investigate in any way all complaints/suspicions of breaches of entry conditions, impose sanctions if deemed necessary, void the acceptances of any image found to violate the ACE rules. Entrants automatically agree to these terms by the act of entering the Exhibition and agree to cooperate with any investigation.
- SUBMISSION of an entry signifies acceptance of all our conditions.
By entering this exhibition, you are explicitly consenting to the personal details you have supplied, including email addresses, being held, processed and used by the exhibition organizers for purposes associated with this exhibition.
You also explicitly consent to such information being sent to organizations which have accorded official recognition, patronage or accreditation to this exhibition.
You acknowledge and accept that entering this exhibition means that the status of your entry may be made public.
Your email address and contact information will not be made public.
Submission of works
On-Line Entry: Entry to the exhibition is made via the on-line entry form by clicking on this link ENTRY FORM.
You will be receiving emails from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please, add this mail to your address book or ensure your SPAM filter will always accept emails from this address.
- Accepted file types *.jpg, *.jpeg
- File size maximum is 5 MB.
- Embedding a source ICC profile is recommended.
- File name should be in English, unique, NOT containing special symbols. File name should be the artwork name. Example: sunrise.jpg.
Each participant should own the copyright of the submitted images.
The participant expressly declares, without any time limitation, that images entered in the contest may be used by the organizers to advertise the exhibition, without further compensation by the organizers and their partners. (including not only media partners, but also organization partners and cooperation partners and those third parties who, in whatever form, without prior payment, contribute to the competition).
The organizers will take care that images used for advertising are copyright-marked as such and will not be manipulated by digital means; a guarantee however that this actually happens, can’t be taken over by the organizers, because the use of such images for contest advertising purposes does happen outside the sphere of influence of the organizers (in particular use of the photos on magazine cover pages and the associated text placements on such covers).
The participant therefore expressly waives the right to assert any claims (in particular copyright infringement) against the organizers in this regard. A right to use images entered in the exhibition for pure profit purposes (totally apart from advertising the contest) is excluded without a separate approval by the participant. A promotional purpose does exist in any case, when the organizers present entered images in the way of a catalogue of the exhibition, in additional exhibitions for promotional purposes to third parties, even if a fee is required for such catalogues or exhibitions.
The participant expressly declares that he at least is owner of those rights, which are necessary for the exhibition participation and handing over the above rights in exhibition promotion matters to the organizers (especially the right the publish images showing people); he holds in this respect the organizer harmless and indemnify.
The participant accepts these conditions by participating in the competition.